Senior Quantity Surveyor - New Build Housing
My client is looking for a Senior or Quantity Surveyor looking to step up to join their team in their West Midlands Office. My client is a well-established and highly successful privately-owned developer that has experienced vast growth. Their projects are based in the West and East Midlands. My client is looking for a passionate individual who can bring fresh ideas and has a strong track record in delivering projects on time and on budget.
Main Purpose of the Role
Managing site development in line with targets by conducting commercial cost appraisals and viability/feasibility analysis. Managing sub-contractors, materials and goods, preparing and monitoring site costs and budgets and ensuring site set-up health and safety.
- Carrying out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Majority site based role overseeing 3-4projects
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
- Undertaking accurate viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development.
- Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions.
- Liaising with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Promoting and acting in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
Key skills required
- COINS experience desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of new build housing, care home and social housing projects
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
- Experience of managing staff and training new starters
- Valid First Aid & CSCS Card essential