Our client is one of the UK’s leading home builders. Due to a recent departure they are now looking for an Estimator job in Manchester to join the team. The company concentrate on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients.
The company’s Homes Division’s turnover target for the UK in 2018-19 is in excess of £150m across their three regions, North West England, Central Scotland and North Scotland. They deliver projects ranging from Brownfield infill developments & high-density urban developments to large scale developments ranging in size from 20 units to 1500 units.
Role & Responsibilities
- Maintain up to date database/list of approved subcontractors.
- Ensure all sub-contractors are pre-qualified (Health & Safety) prior to addition to the approved sub-contractor database.
- Prior to commencement of new developments collate and issue subcontract work package enquiries.
- Analyse, interpret and report to Commercial team commercially and technically competitive tenders at adjudication stage including identifying, analysing and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity within the proposals.
- Preparing full detailed take offs and pricing at development appraisal stage
- Maintain and regularly update House type Standard Build Cost (SBCs) and development cost budgets.
- Assist Commercial manager in the preparation of land appraisals / bids for identified land purchase opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain effective working relationships with subcontractors, internal Technical, Commercial and Construction teams and external Project teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- Financial / Commercial awareness
- Accurate cost control to a high standard
- Accurate and timeous reporting skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- IT skills (Cost systems & Microsoft office)
- Team player
- To be able to work under own imitative.
Salary & Package
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
What you get back
- Opportunities for progression
Apply for Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly