Quality Technical Inspector - Kent
Our client is an award winning multidisciplinary consultancy with over 200 staff and offices in London, Kent, Essex, Hants, Cambridgeshire and the Wes Midlands, providing services to the construction and property industry across the UK. They are looking to recruit for a Quality Technical Inspector job in Kent.
Working across projects sectors including commercial, healthcare, education, industrial, retail, mixed-use and residential and offering services across a wide range of disciplines including Architecture, BIM, M&E, Engineering, Surveying, Project Management and H&S.
An opportunity now exists for a Quality Technical Inspector to join our clients growing team based in Orpington, Kent.
Role & Responsibilities
- Regular inspections of construction work to monitor progress and quality
- Verifying compliance with contractual drawings specifications, warranty standard and Employer’s Requirements.
- Identifying discrepancies and preparing supporting written reports
- Close liaison with Main Contractors and site teams to review and advise on quality management.
- Occasional need to visit manufacturer’s factories/facilities to review quality
Required Skills & Experience
- The ability to demonstrate experience in both new-build and refurbishment projects
- A detailed knowledge of various forms of construction
- An ability in undertaking inspections of building works in progress.
- Previous experience liaising closely with Building Contractors, reading drawings, issue site inspection reports and research technical data
- Be comfortable working as part of an existing team
- Previous experience using Microsoft Word and Outlook (and Excel is desirable but not essential)
- Prepare specific reports under the direction of a team leader.
- Ideally MICWCI or MCIOB qualified
Full driving licence required.
Salary & Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive salary, the successful candidate will be offered a number of ‘flexible’ benefits. You’d be joining a team offering ongoing training, opportunities for professional development and lots of social/team activities including sports events, summer BBQ’s, Christmas party and theatre trips.
What employees say
‘I joined 10 years ago and my role has developed in that time. I joined as an Administrator but quickly began a Defects course, qualifying as a Defects Coordinator. I was then offered further training for a new role in the Sustainability team and am now a qualified Code for Sustainable Homes and Home Quality Mark assessor.’
Apply for Quality Technical Inspector - Kent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly