Head of Technical, Bespoke Housing, South Midlands, Package to Attract the Best
About the Client
My client is a well-established housebuilder who work across the South Midlands and Northern Home Counties. They create a fantastic product which is well designed, desirable and built in locations of high demand. The business focus is on quality of profit rather than volume and due to the profile of their homes the business allows time to make sure that the product is right.
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director and playing an important part as a member of the management team you will be responsible for the co-ordination, management and oversite of both Architectural and Engineering aspects of housing schemes – from initial enquiry/pre-planning stage, through to completion.
- Advice and input on all technical matters into the land buying and planning stage – i.e. services, highways, drainage, flood risk, radon, ground conditions, contamination, etc;
- Undertaking service enquiries and making all subsequent connection, diversion and dis-connection (as appropriate) applications, plus ongoing liaison with statutory providers throughout;
- Input into, interrogation of, and managing the production and final issue of the working drawing package – liaising with the other department heads
- solutions regarding structural matters with the consulting structural engineer;
- Providing technical guidance to other departments
- Maintaining and managing the drawing registers, and Site Information on Sharepoint;
- Detailed review of all architectural and technical information through the pre-construction stage
- Managing the submission and timely progression of all Sectional agreements
- Liaison with LABC over compliance and also Bond submissions for S104/S278, etc;
- Advising on any legal implications resulting from technical matters i.e. easements, health and safety implications, etc.;
You are an experienced housebuilding technical professional who has a broad range of skills across both the engineering and design functions. You are “hands-on” and like to be into the detail. You are an excellent problem solver and work well as a member of a small, close knit team. You take real pride in the product you develop and are prepared to go the extra mile to ensure that the customer is delighted with their home.
To discuss the role in further detail please contact Mark Heald, Director, psd group on 0207 9709788