Project Manager/Senior Technician
ACR is recruiting for a Senior Technician/Project Manager on behalf of an Essex based Architectural Practice who are experts in residential Architecture. The company work with some of the UK's leading residential developers across London & the South East.
The Senior Technician/Project Manager will assist the directors in the programming and co-ordination of the workload of their relevant teams and to ensure that information issued by the Drawing Office is adequate from which to price and build the project accordingly. The role is to ensure the project remains in compliance to the needs of the project in terms of quality, cost and time and that their assigned technicians are managing their tasks and time effectively.
- Liaise with Directors to produce and regularly update programme of current workload for the relevant sections.
- Attend as required internal team meetings in order to review progress.
- Obtain NHBC and Local Authority approval to both new and revised standard house types, and all relevant working drawing information.
- Liaise with, and responsible for information prepared and issued by external consultants Architects.
- Arrange for associated details to be prepared for standard house types (roof and plumbing layouts).
- Control Division' copies of building Regulations and NHBC Standards and other legislative documents.
- Liaise with Design Consultants Engineering and other relevant departments in order to maintain production.
- Organise and co-ordinate any revisions required to house types/drawing information.
- Ensure that information produced by team members is correct, co-ordinated checked prior to being issued. Ensure it complies with all documentation necessary for the contract.
- Ensure accuracy and maintain control of external suppliers' information for issue.
- Assist with production of information if required.
- Visit sites periodically to monitor construction and compliance with issued information and Planning Conditions.
- Coach trainee staff on drawing office procedure and in production of information.
- Manage the staff performance management process for employees assigned to them.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC Standards, any associated British Standards and other legislative documents relevant to the particular sections scope of works.
- Substation drawing experience within an Architectural Practice and/or Developer, predominantly in-House Building, but preferably with some experience in other areas.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to supervise technical staff of differing levels of experience.