Senior Civil Engineer - Affordable Housing Contractor - Derby
A well-known housing contractor is looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineer on a full time, permanent basis. This position will be based in their East Midlands region located in Derbyshire.
This company operates nationwide, building circa 350 units per annum across two offices. The person they appoint for Derbyshire will oversee schemes in the Midlands and South Yorkshire. This position will report directly to the Group Engineering Manager.
The person they appoint as Senior Civil Engineer will be responsible for the following;
• Carryout Land Appraisals in conjunction with the Commercial and Business Departments in relation to Technical Abnormals.
• Assist in the preparation of planning submission.
• Discharge of Planning, Engineering, Building Control conditions
• Appointment of consultants including Architects, Engineers, Structural Engineers and Utilities Engineers, Surveyors, Geotechnical Engineers
• Instructing Consultants
• Preparation of title plans
• Obtaining Technical Approval for Road and Sewer Designs and Legal Agreements, Liaising with Lawyers, obtaining bonds.
• Procuring house type designs
• Procuring engineering designs including roads, sewers, foundations and external works
• Value engineering designs, commenting, amendment and approvals
• Obtaining Service connections disconnections and diversions as well as new utilities schemes
• Providing technical specifications and designs to Commercial, Construction Departments
• Providing Site Technical support through site visits, troubleshooting site issues.
• Meeting sub-contractors and providing support throughout build process
• Inspection of Roads, Sewers and Public Open Spaces with Local authority inspectors, arranging remedial works and agreeing costings with commercial team
• Arranging for treatment and removal of contaminated soils and materials including asbestos
This position would suit an experienced Civil Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience either working for a residential developer, house builder, main contractor or engineering consultancy who work within the residential sector.
In return, this affordable contractor is offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies based in the East Midlands.
Apply for Senior Civil Engineer - Affordable Housing Contractor - Derby
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly