Technical Manager - Birmingham
One of the UK’s leading Land Promoters and house builders is growing and as a result, they are looking to appoint a Technical Manager on a permanent basis. This position will be based at their office in central Birmingham and will report directly to the Technical Director.
This vibrant and expanding organisation has ambitious plans to become a leading developer, providing high-quality homes in desirable locations, and a first-rate customer experience. The Company currently operates within a 50-mile radius of Birmingham and has a large land bank, capable of sustaining its growth and geographical expansion plans.
They require an experienced Technical Manager who will assist with the coordination and implementation of Planning Layouts, House Type Designs and the Engineering functions within the business, from site appraisals through to site adoptions.
Key areas of responsibility will include;
• Viability Layouts (Land Acquisition)
• Site Layouts
• Planning Applications
• Securing Implementable Planning Consents
• Discharging Planning Conditions
• House Type Design and House Type Range Designs
• Building Regulation/Technical Approvals
• Infrastructure Designs
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Value Engineering Solutions
• CDM Health & Safety
• Build Warranties
• Undertake the role of Principal Designer under CDM regulations and work closely with the management team and its Health and Safety consultants, to ensure that their working environments are safe for their staff, employees and members of the public.
• Ensure that all Technical staff (including Consultants) are aware of the Health and Safety implications of every design decision.
• Provide a practical, punctual and cost-effective technical service to the Company and to ensure that best practice is followed at all times.
• To support land acquisition and site development (including adoptions) by the management of all Technical functions, to include viability studies, layout design, infrastructure design, house type design, engineering solutions, planning consents and the discharge of planning conditions.
• To engage with all stakeholders (internal and external) in a professional manner and to be responsible for the engagement and monitoring of Consultants (where appropriate) to ensure that the services provided, are in accordance with their detailed brief and their timescales, and to provide them with value for money. Also, to ensure good coordination between Consultants where several are involved on a project.
• To ensure that the service provided to the internal stakeholders, (Production, Sales, Land, Legal, Commercial, Finance etc) is professional, punctual, thorough and fully reflects the goals, targets and vision of the Company.
• To continually value engineer all Technical disciplines and solutions with a view to adding value and minimising costs to all aspects of the business.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of Building Regulations, Planning Law, Environmental Law, Highways Acts and Health and Safety Legislation to ensure that the business is fully compliant with its corporate responsibilities and can deal with them in a professional manner.
• To have a detailed knowledge of traditional construction processes and also alternative forms of build methodology.
• To have a detailed knowledge of the processes and procedures of Utility Companies from domestic applications to infrastructure provisions, including the legislative framework.
This position would suit an experienced individual who can demonstrate a successful track record within the residential house building/land promotion sector.
The successful candidate must be a Team Player with good commercial acumen and strong Technical skills befitting the importance of the role.
In return, a competitive salary is being offered plus an excellent benefits package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
If you are looking for a new opportunity that offers great job satisfaction, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical vacancies within the house building industry.