Senior Construction Quality Analyst
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Construction Quality Analyst to join our team. This role can be home based nationwide but will involve regular weekly visits to our Milton Keynes offices, so a preference to candidates living accessible to Milton Keynes will be given. Working on a full time permanent basis the successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary of £39,000 - £49,000 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment
Are you interested in helping the Home building industry tackle the skills and quality agenda head on? If so, we may have a role for you! With improving construction quality at the heart of NHBC’s purpose, we work alongside our builder customers helping them understand where they can improve and supporting them with a host of quality management services.
Reporting to the Senior Construction Quality Manager, you will assist with the development and delivery of processes, procedures and services to harvest and analyse data and information on industry performance in terms of construction quality. You will support NHBC’s consultancy capability and services and work with small to medium major builder customers at Group level to facilitate improvement in construction quality and reduction in costs.
Support key initiatives / actions / services in line with the Raising Standards Strategy e.g. Construction Quality Reviews, Construction Quality Indicator, Commercial services and Claims data analysis.
Work with small - medium major builder customers at Group level to establish causation behind issues and develop action plans to raise standards, improve quality and reduce costs.
Undertake analysis of historic, recent and emerging issues with the standard of new homes.
Liaise with and influence key stakeholders (including government departments, professional institutions, trade bodies, HBF and the broader industry) to identify and progress initiatives required to prepare the industry for future change and drive forward the standard of new homes.
Develop and maintain expert, up-to-date knowledge of all house-building technologies, methods and materials.
Prepare and deliver practical and engaging presentations and to lead ‘problem solving’ workshops – both at external events and for NHBC colleagues.
- Member or working towards membership of a relevant professional institution such as CIOB, RICS, CABE.
- An eye for detail and a curiosity about how improvement can be brought to the house building industry across the entire supply chain.
- Technical knowledge of Standards and Building Regulations in construction / house-building.
- Good analytical and analysis skills, be fluent in Microsoft Excel.
- Able to convey technical information clearly through presentation, workshops and in writing.
- Full UK driving licence.
Ideally Milton Keynes based, but would also consider home based positions. This role will involve 2 days a week in our head office in Milton Keynes (if home based) and travel throughout the UK and possibly Europe, therefore some overnights per week should be expected.
Desirable skills: House building site or inspection based experience within a quality management type role, and or membership of a relevant professional institution such as CIOB/RICS/CABE.
Competitive package includes:
- £39,000 to £49,000 (depending on experience).
- Company Car.
- 6% bonus.
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
More searches like this
- Architecture Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent
- Bricklaying Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent
- Carpentry Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent
- Design Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent
- Development Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent