Buyer – Waltham Abbey
- To procure materials and plant on a project by project basis as required, based on information provided by the project team, to obtain the best products, service and financial benefit to the company without any detrimental effect to the project.
- Attend and actively take part in team meetings as appropriate, ensuring actions are delivered to agreed timescales.
- Monitor receipt of information and requisitions against agreed Material Buying Schedule reporting late receipt and effects on procurement.
- Issue of enquiries, analysis and production of orders to meet delivery requirements of the projects, taking due consideration of suppliers’ manufacturing and delivery periods.
- Ensure the production of orders contains all the relevant details and information to ensure the materials and plant supplied meets the agreed specification and site requirements. Utilising the most suitable procurement route for ordering materials.
- Utilise the financial information on projects, material resources schedules and preliminary costs, in order that purchasing of materials and plant is carried out to the best financial benefit of the company taking into account product specification, service and delivery needs of the project.
- Liaising with the Accounts team to ensure accurate and timely payments of invoices, seeking to reduce invoice volumes and queries.
- The role will also involve input into business initiatives with the supply chain together with administering/leading category agreements, securing savings, rebates and compliance in line with project and company targets.
- Working to understand both internal & external customer needs to meet and exceed expectations and to establish and maintain longer term customer relationships.
- Identifying and communicating with potential suppliers; carrying out due diligence, monitoring integration and effectiveness into the business. Support business streams in the integration of strategic suppliers into the business process.
- Ensure that clerical and administrative routines are carried out expeditiously and effectively, driving the effectiveness and continuing development of the procurement process.
- To undertake special projects as required by the Purchasing Manager.
- Support the management of commercial, reputation, ethical and other risks associated with the procurement process to ensure that undesirable consequences of the risks are mitigated and opportunities realised.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE (including qualifications):
- You will possess high levels of personal drive with the ability to think on your feet, committed, persistent and tenacious when faced with difficulties
- The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance is essential
- Higher level education (HNC/HND/Degree) preferred or qualified by experience
- Working experience/competency using back office systems essential
- Competency in the use of Microsoft office – advanced Excel, Intermediate Word and Power Point
- Ability to research and analyse results coupled with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Time management skills
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK