Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is a privately owned medium sized House Builder which has been established for 25 years. A market leader in their Middlesex, Hertfordshire and Greater London operational area they are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the business.
With the regional office based out of new offices in Uxbridge, the business currently has a number of high end private developments as well as some social housing schemes live ranging from 1 off high end units to a 9 storey RC frame apartment schemes and refurbishment projects.
Initially coming on board to manage 2 new social housing developments totalling 150 units where full procurement is required both of which are local to the office in Middlesex.
With the business now running at £35m / year turnover and with steady growth year on year this is an excellent time to be joining this secure and thriving business.
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Managing pre-start meetings with sub-contractors
- Agreeing and processing regular subcontractor payments
- Pricing and agreement of variations
- Issuing of amended drawings and other relevant information required by subcontractors
- Ensuring subcontractors comply with their contractual obligations
- Agreeing final accounts
- Supporting aftersales with post-completion issues where necessary
- Releasing subcontractor retentions at the appropriate times
- Provide support in producing pre-start budgets
- Constantly monitor costs throughout and produce regular costs reports of live projects
- Report on movements in costs against budgets or previous reports
- Value engineer where considered appropriate
- Involvement with progressing technical matters relating to sub-contractors and suppliers as necessary
- Dealing with service providers for both disconnection and new connections as required
If you would like the opportunity to work for a personable, modern and forward thinking business away from the nationals, please get in contact.