Our small, bespoke and personable developer client have been established for over 10 years earning a solid reputation for bespoke developments in Surrey and Sussex.
Due to business growth we are now looking for a 2nd Surveyor to join the business to report into a Chief Surveyor managing circa 2 live developments at any one time from 5 – 30 timber frame units in size.
Ideally looking for an experienced and proactive residential Surveyor with Housebuilding experience of sites of 10 – 50 units including apartment schemes, preferably with sub contractor contacts in the Sussex and Surrey areas.
The business anticipates delivery on circa 30 units this year with 65-70 next year and target of 100 units/year the year after highlighting the exciting time to be joining the business.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Prepare site budgets including liaising with finance, buying, construction, technical and sales departments.
- Deal with subcontract enquiries including collation of information to ensure that subcontract quotations are submitted in line with all current information and health and safety requirements.
- Carry out tender analysis of subcontractor quotations.
- Place subcontract orders following completion of Pre-Commencement Meeting.
- Ensure that all subcontracts hold relevant CHAS/Safemark accreditation and that insurance policies are in place for all current subcontractors.
- Oversee valuation and payment of subcontractors’ accounts through to final account; including issue of subcontract variation orders where required.
- Prepare periodic internal cost reports based on costs to date and forecasting future costs through to completion of the development.
- Liaise, pre-contract and post-contract, with housing associations on social projects, including Employer’s Requirements, contract sum analysis and valuations through to final account and defects liability period and release of final retention moiety.
- Attend meetings for design development, value engineering, site meetings etc.
- Liaise with Estimating Department regarding current costs.
- Liaise with site management team in respect of day to day matters.
- Provide cost control suggestions where appropriate and advise senior managers as required.
- Consider alternative specifications/design solutions.
- Liaise with other developers on consortium projects in respect of shared costs etc.
- Advise costs of sales/clients’ extras.
Please contact me to discuss further.