A newly established house builder based in Staffordshire is keen to appoint a practiced Technical Manager on a full time permanent basis. The successful candidate will form part of the Senior Management team and will play a key role in the development and growth of the business and technical department.
This organisation is owned by a successful and financially stable parent company who has been established for a number of years. This house builder intends to build social and affordable housing across Staffordshire, West Midlands, Worcestershire and Shropshire. As a business they aim to build circa 100 units per annum, allowing one development to consist of open market homes.
The person they appoint as Technical Manager will manage all technical aspects within house building. You will manage the delivery of and take ownership of projects from inception through to completion of site in line with the Company’s core values. This position will report directly to the Operations Director.
• To provide technical support and manage technical due diligence during the land or contract bidding process.
• Production of technical and planning report for use during land acquisition process and advising on requirements of S106 agreements and CIL.
• Preparation of predicted expenditure budgets at both feasibility stage and once starting on site.
• Identify the need for, formally appoint and manage external consultants. Including the agreement of fees, scope of service and timescales.
• Prepare a design and pre-commencement programme identifying key dates and critical path.
• Management of and attendance at Local Authority Pre-Application meeting.
• Management of planning applications from submission through to successful determination.
• Submission of Viability exercise with planning applications as necessary, viability prepared by external consultant.
• Attending meetings with Local authorities as required and attendance at planning committee meetings.
• Maintenance of Company development monitor.
• Keep a schedule showing the planning conditions to discharge and the current status. Ensure the discharge of planning conditions in a timely manner to achieve agreed start on site date.
• Ensure all design information if completed and issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance with the pre-commencement programme.
• Control the submission of Building Regulations and Warranty applications.
• Ensure the discharge of building regulation and warranty conditions in a timely manner.
• Coordinate all legal aspects in relation to various agreements, Section 38, 104, S106, 185, 278 etc.
• Management and coordination of road and sewer adoptions Section 38 and 104
• Manage the preparation of contract plans and management plans for managed areas
• Ensure that Section 106 or other planning obligations are complied with and noticed served.
• Liaise with statutory undertakers to establish supply provision and diversion requirements and obtain competitive quotations.
• Provide technical support and solutions during the construction phase.
• Chair and lead design team meetings with the professional team as required.
• To ensure best value from Consultants and ensure that cost effective and workable solutions are obtained.
• To work closely with all other departments to achieve the Company’s goals and objectives.
• Land department
• Commercial and Buying Department
• Construction department
• Local authorities and statutory bodies
• NHBC and other warrantee providers
• Consultants, Designers and Contractors
• Delivery of sites with implementable planning approval into the business in line with land delivery programme
• Technical approvals delivered in a timely manner to achieve build programme
• Provision of design information to enable construction to take place in line with build programme
• The identification of risks to the business
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in the house building industry as a Technical Manager, Senior Technical Coordinator, Architectural or Engineering Manager role. This position would suit a professional with strong people management, negotiation and communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, a keen eye for detail and an understanding or user of AutoCAD.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus package as well as the opportunity to grow, develop and progress within the company.
For more information or to apply, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call myself on 07881 099368.
Competitive salary plus package inc car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare, excellent career prospects