Head of Land/Land Director, Residential Development - North West
Head of Land/Land Director, Residential Development
Permanent position – Six-figure package plus benefits
Urban Splash – one of the property industries most recognised names having won over 400 awards since their inception. They have been a beacon for place-making for the last 25 years, and have an outstanding reputation for their creative, and innovative developments and regeneration schemes.
Headquartered in Manchester, they have a national remit with plans to expand their modular-housing offering “hoUSe”. This spacious, customisable town-house is built off-site to fit the customers needs and brought to site in a cost-effective and timely manor.
The business is very well-backed and has a very ambitious growth plan on the horizon that will change the face of modular-housing in the UK.
You will head up the land/acquisition team for the hoUSe business covering the entirety of the UK, and your team of acquisition managers, surveyors and technical staff. You will be responsible for the recruitment, development, motivation, and managing of your team, all the while leading from the front sourcing land for the business.
Not only that, you will be required to contribute to the strategic running of the business, and work closely with other Directors/Heads to drive efficiencies and deliver the business plan to the best of your ability.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement the land acquisition strategy through the identification, acquisition, and delivery
- Co-ordinate and assist with the commercial, technical and development teams
- Facilitate smart land acquisition, making sure all angles are covered
- Build a network of strong relationships with key contacts within in the industry. The onus of the contact-base is not necessarily agents, but local councils, landowners, and housing associations due to the place-making nature of the product.
- Contribute to the strategic running of House and contribute to board meetings in a senior capacity. Working closely with the other Directors
- Drive development through the front-end and ensure a smooth handover to the development team that assume responsibility for the project post-acquisition.
- Preparation and production of regular updates/reports for inclusion in board meetings.
Urban Splash have a policy of “talent over experience” and this is a core value of the business. This means you do not have to have extensive property experience to apply and be considered – it would certainly help though.
Whether you are a seasoned acquisition professional who has experience of covering a large patch, and you’re keen to take on a challenge at one of the most recognisable developers in the country – get in contact.
You may not have a long career in property/land, but you excel at sourcing opportunities and closing complex land deals and want an opportunity to step up into a senior position with one of the countries most innovative and creative developers – get in contact.
We are looking for a conscientious, emotionally intelligent, commercially-minded professional who is able to communicate at all levels and has a real desire to find the best possible solution for both parties.