Senior Contract Surveyor – Western Region
- Manage and drive subcontract procurement, deliver the procurement to a programme ensuring timely placed orders. Identify risks, gains, areas of design input or potential value engineering. Establish and monitor subcontract resources. Produce sub-contractor buying analyses together with detailed back-up information identifying the package summary for approval by the Managing Surveyor / Commercial Manager / Project Manager / Regional Director, prior to order being placed.
- Produce and issue accurate and timely CVCs ensuring preliminary and material costs/forecasts are managed. Preparation of CVC’s to be reviewed with Technical, Production and Purchasing disciplines. CVC’s prepared for review by Commercial Manager/Regional Director approval.
- Produce comprehensive subcontract orders; manage their return and completion with accurate records taken.
- Administer Subcontractors accounts, in accordance with the subcontracts, including valuing, re-measuring and certifying timely payments.
- Prepare, agree and issue valuations in accordance with contract requirements. Produce Contract Sum Analyses and cash flow forecasts, ensuring a positive cash flow is maintained for the project.
- Attend and actively partake in Design meetings, Client meetings and Internal Team meetings, and actively drive to pursue Value Engineering options.
- Manage the client’s final account, inclusive of delivering and agreement of contract variations, communication of their outcome, implications and the preparation of forecast final accounts.
- Responsible for cash management of projects, by minimising costs and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works packages.
- Manage the contract finishes schedule, review and evaluation of specification costs and alternatives. Work towards closing out an accurate value engineered finishes specification delivered within the works on site.
- Control and accurately report cost together with future financial projections.
- Work in partnership with all departments; assist in driving communications & problem solving.
- Manage other members of commercial staff, likely to be at Trainee/Assistant or QS level. Support and maximise their output, carry out their appraisal and performance reviews.
- Manage, train and support a trainee surveyor during their day release university course, regularly review and aid their progress.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE (including qualifications):
Candidates will ideally be either degree qualified or hold a similar relevant qualification, such as HNC; MCIOB. It is anticipated that candidates will have a strong commercial background, which has been predominantly gained from time spent working with a reputable contractor. They will have had experience of running the commercial aspects on large projects including experience of joint venture schemes, and involving Demolition, Civils, RC Frame, Basement works and Metsec works.
The candidates will have a proven commercial record from conception through to Final Account. They will have experience of various forms of contract, but in particular the JCT with contractors Design & Build, and be able to demonstrate an understanding & awareness of the contractual aspects of the role. Ideally they will have had some experience of managing subordinates through the course of a project. Good communication skills are essential.
It is unlikely that candidates with less than 6 years post qualification experience will be suitably experienced for this position.
Initially the role is likely to involve taking the commercial lead on 3 projects in the Barnet/Finchley area of North London, with a combined value of circa £30million.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
Apply for Senior Contract Surveyor – Western Region
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly