This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).When you graduate, you need to spend two years in practice and pass an Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) to get full membership. The placement you do as part of this course may qualify as one year of your APC.
It’s also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES), the Board of Quantity Surveying Profession of Malaysia (BQSM) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Why UWE Bristol?
BSc(Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management is a degree that reflects the needs of modern industry.
It’s accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and Chartered Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES), putting you on course for full membership.
This course is also available on a part-time basis so you can boost your career prospects if you’re already working in the industry.
Develop your knowledge and a range of skills needed for quantity surveying and commercial management. Learn how to place these in a wider business context.
Access industry knowledge, placements and recruitment advice from our construction partner employers.Work in teams with students from other professional disciplines in a way that reflects industry.
Get free access to RICS events and workshops promoting best practice. Attend regular presentations from visiting professionals, academics and past students so you stay up-to-date with industry challenges.
Learn about different careers and approaches on day and field trips. Gain valuable skills on your placement, which may count as part of the professional development you need to achieve Chartered status.
Graduate ready to take advantage of new opportunities in the construction, civil engineering and property industries.
- Tariff points: 112
- GCSE: For all applicants, Grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics, or equivalent. Please note the University does not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificates in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as suitable alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required. Points from General Studies and AS-Level subjects (not taken onto full A-Level) can be included towards overall tariff. You must have a minimum of two A-Levels.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: Achievement of the Access to HE Diploma; to include 15 level 3 credits at merit.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
English language requirements & International Qualifications
If you are an international student and do not meet the academic or English language requirements to study this course, you can qualify by completing preparatory study at our International College.