As more people move to towns and cities, the built environment becomes increasingly important. Managing, planning and implementing the development and regeneration of cities is high on corporate and government agendas in the UK and abroad. There is demand for skilled professionals who understand urban policy and can promote and manage property development.
The typical offers information is for full-time students starting in the foundation year. If you don’t meet the entrance requirements but have substantial relevant work experience, you should still apply. Especially if you feel your motivation and skills would enable you to succeed on this course.
You should also apply if you have a mix of A levels and BTEC qualifications.
- Tariff points: 72
- GCSE: For all applicants, Grade C/4 or above in English Language and Grade D/4 or above in Mathematics, or equivalent. Please note the University does not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificates in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as suitable alternatives to GCSEs.
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required. You can include points from A-Level General Studies and AS-Level subjects (not taken onto full A-Level) towards overall tariff. You must have at least one A-Level.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: Achievement of the Access to HE Diploma; no specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
If you are an international student your recommended route of study for this degree is through UWE Bristols International College which, upon successful completion to the required level and with good attendance, guarantees entry to Year 1 of the degree.