Property development and planning is fundamental to the construction industry; from site identification and analysis, to design, viability and finance. Our BSc (Hons) Property Development and Planning course has been to developed to enable you to focus on adding value to land and property, as an adviser, consultant or developer of the future.
Through our course, you’ll develop detailed specialist knowledge and skills, in areas such as spatial and urban design, site appraisal, sustainability, planning and development consultancy, and management of the development process. With an emphasis on practice-based learning through site visits, field work and work placements, you’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of property development and planning.
Why study this course?
- Our course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), recognising the quality and relevance of our course content.
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from study trips and live projects, included in the cost of your course fees, and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- NTU is one of the leading providers of property education in the UK – we’re ranked 5th in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning (The Guardian University Guide, 2018).
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement.
- Experience inspiring trips in the UK and abroad, the cost of which is included in your course fees. Previous trips included visits to Berlin and Hamburg.
- Graduate with confidence by taking advantage of our mentoring programme, working alongside an NTU alumnus working in industry.
- Apply your learning to the real world, with opportunities to take part in site visits and live projects as part of the course. Your assessments will be based on real projects, supported by companies such as JLL, Rolls-Royce and Igloo.
- Learn from academic experts who have both industry experience and academic research knowledge, and who are representatives of professional bodies. You’ll also benefit from guest lecturers from industry, supporting your taught sessions each year.
- A-levels – BBB; or
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DDM; or
- 120 UCAS Tariff points from three A-levels or equivalent qualifications; and
- GCSEs – English and Maths grade C / 4.
The UCAS Tariff
The UCAS Tariff was changed in 2017. In the new Tariff, the numbers awarded to qualifications are very different. So, whereas previously a B at A-level was worth 100 points, in the new tariff it is now 40 points. Sound confusing? Don’t worry. We’ve created this calculator to help you work it out.
If you hold international qualifications, take a look at the alternative qualifications we accept for this course.