The Level 4 BTEC Higher National Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment offers students a broad introduction to the subject area.
Throughout the course students will develop the skills and knowledge to enable them to meet the demands of employers and progress within the sector.
The construction pathway is ideal for those who are interested in a careers as a design co-coordinator, construction site supervisor, design technician, site manager or project manager.
The course covers a broad spectrum of subject areas that are relevant to develop a student’s wider understanding of the construction industry and its growing role.
Some of the units covered in the course include:
- Unit 1: Individual project (Pearson-set)
- Unit 2: Construction Technology
- Unit 3: Science & materials
- Unit 4: Construction practice & management
- Unit 5: Legal & statutory responsibilities in construction
- Unit 6: Construction information (drawing, detailing, specification)
- Unit 7: Surveying, measuring & setting out
- Unit 14: Building information modelling
This course is designed to provide progression onto the Higher National Diploma (HND) top-up or a higher apprenticeship top-up. This will also then offer a route to study a top-up degree in architectural technology, surveying, construction management or a related discipline as well as progression to professional body membership.
A BTEC Extended Diploma, Diploma, Subsidiary Diploma or one A Level.