If you’re a mature student looking to progress your career, or don’t satisfy the requirements for entry onto a degree course; this preparation year is for you. This isn’t a freestanding degree. Think of it as the first year in a four-year period of studying that will lead you to a degree linked to one of the built environment professions: architecture, surveying and construction management. The experience you gain during the year, and your discussions with tutors, will help you choose the degree best suited to your interests and abilities.
- A Level EEE or
- BTEC National Diploma – MPP or
- Access to HE qualifications with 45 Passes or
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 64 UCAS points
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
The Extended Degree is intended for either:
- Candidates over 21 who may not have appropriate formal qualifications for direct entry. Such candidates will normally be required to attend for interview at which time they will be encouraged to demonstrate their suitability for and commitment to study at higher education level
- Candidates under 21 who do have the requisite number and level of GCSE or BTEC passes, but in the wrong subjects for chosen degree (i.e. student wishing to study architecture, but with A-levels in science subjects).