A new Development Manager job in Cambridge and an opportunity to join and take a leading role in a growing development team.
Our client is an established housing provider, providing both affordable housing and supported housing across the East of England. The organisation currently employs over 250 people, owns and manages 7500 homes, providing accommodation for over 45,000 people.
Role & Responsibilities
- To have an active involvement in development schemes from new business through to client side delivery
- Work with the Head of Development to deliver a mixed tenure programme of homes
- Line management and leadership of the development team
- Work as the technical and delivery lead in managing schemes of various sizes
- Coordination of a range of land and S106 new business bids.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working within the residential development sector, with a thorough knowledge of the related regulations and legislation.
- A recognised architectural, planning, housing, surveying, building/ construction, or similar, qualification to HND level or equivalent
- A comprehensive knowledge of traditional and modern construction methods. Good general knowledge of construction and building maintenance
- Experience of negotiating legal contracts in relation to residential development ; S106, s38, S104 , nomination agreements, etc
- Experience of delivering schemes under NEC, JCT Design & Build Contracts and Development Agreements including claims management and dispute resolution
- Extensive experience of development procurement including – scheme/design optimisation tendering processes, managing the design process and monitoring scheme progress and programme
- Experience of managing development staff and a development team.
A recognised professional qualification (CIOB, RICS, CIH) and previous experience delivering affordable housing funded programmes via Homes England would be highly desirable but not essential.
What you get back
- Salary of up to £55,000
- Flexible Benefits
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Development Manager Job Cambridge – Your Property Recruitment Specialists – Job Ref:10353