Civil Engineer - House Builder
Civil Engineer job opportunity with a top 100 housebuilder covering the wider Yorkshire area
Our client is large national house builder, transforming places throughout the UK, with an ambitious and dynamic growth plan that will see them established as a major player in the residential market. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a dynamic and progressive national house builder.
Role & Responsibilities
- To be involved in every stage of the development process from site identification, through consents, to site support to construction
- Drive best value at every stage of the process, from Land feasibility to site delivery
- Working within the technical department, liaise with consultants, peers and stakeholders to ensure smooth project delivery
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager
- To carry out civils designs for medium sized residential projects, coordinate with other consultants, submit and gain approvals
- To produce production information prior to site start, to provide construction with suitable information in advance of site start
- Critically assess and review consultants proposals to ensure compliance and best practice, with a commercial focus
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a similar role within a house builder or main contractor
- Ability to mentor and coach trainees and apprentices
- Full and up to date knowledge of engineering codes and best practice and awareness of environmental requirements
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience reporting across departments and to board level
- Experience of Autocad, PDS and Microsoft Office packages
What you get back
- £45,000 Basic Salary
- Car Allowance / Company Car
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Civil Engineer Job in Yorkshire - Your Property Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Tom Bowman Job Ref: 10380)