Head Of Developments - Leeds, York, London or Milton Keynes
A new Head of Developments job with a business providing support services to over 6500 people across the UK.
Operating throughout the UK and partnering with developers, agencies and charities, our client provides accommodation, support and care services to help vulnerable people live independently.
With 300 employees and over 50 schemes across the UK, the business is part of one of the UK’s largest regeneration and development businesses, a group with over 11,000 employees and an annual turnover of £800 million.
The business has a £200 million pipeline of investment and plans to grow by over 40% in the next two years and is therefore looking to make a long term and strategic appointment. Reporting to the Managing Director the successful applicant will work to identify, create, appraise and deliver supported housing development projects. While identifying new development opportunities the successful applicant would also be required to advise and appraise existing assets for re-purposing or sale.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Identify, create and appraise supported housing development opportunities
- Appraise land and property investment and disposal opportunities
- Contribute to and influence the design specification of projects
- Project manage development projects through to completion
- Negotiation of contracts
- Monitor and manage contractor, consultant and supplier performance
- Manage and grow an internal team
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a development role, working on supported housing development projects
- Experience delivering and managing large and complex development projects
- A background in buying and selling investment property
- Experience managing budgets and resources
- Experience chairing and managing meetings
- A high level of technical understanding of design, construction and property related legal issues
- A working knowledge of Homes England framework of policies, standards and procedures for development
- A good understanding of funding streams
With responsibility for the whole of the UK, the successful candidate will be required to travel and therefore must hold a full UK driving licence. The role offers flexible working options, including home working or the ability to be based from offices in Leeds, York, London or Milton Keynes.
Salary & Package
- Salary circa £70,000
- £7800 Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday + discretionary Christmas shut down
- Flexible benefits package.
What you get back
The successful candidate will be highly influential in the growth and strategy of a business with huge ambitions and significant levels of funding. You will be able to build and develop your own team while being part of a business fully focused on making a difference to people’s lives.