Clerk Of Works - London
A new property job has just become available! Our client is a multidisciplinary consultancy with over 200 staff and offices in London, Kent, Essex, Hampshire, Cambridgeshire and the West Midlands, and they are now looking for a Clerk Of Works to join the team.
Due to ongoing growth and a skill shortage in the industry, they are now looking for Clerk Of Works to join any of their offices.
Role & Responsibilities
- Undertaking regular inspections of construction work to monitor progress
- Verifying compliance with contractual drawings, specifications, warranty standards and employer’s requirements
- Identifying discrepancies, preparing written reports with supporting photographs on weekly intervals
- Organisation of snagging and “end of defects” inspections with the client in attendance
- Liaising with building contractors and preparing reports for contract administrators / project managers.
Required Skills & Experience
- MICWCI Qualified
- Be able to demonstrate experience in both new-build and refurbishment, predominantly housing
- Capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a group
Salary & Package
- £30,000 – £45,000
- 24 Days Holiday
- Working hours: 09.00 – 17.00, Monday to Friday
What you get back
- Training – Practical and financial assistance to all personnel
- Social events – Summer BBQ’s, Christmas Party, theatre trips and much more
- Team Events – Sporting activities including go-karting, snowboarding and bubble football
- Free parking close to office
What employees say
“I joined in 2008 as a Defects Coordinator with the vision of expanding my knowledge in construction. With the business’ support, I enrolled onto an HNC in Building Studies which led onto a degree in Quantity Surveying. I now work as an Employer’s Agent, managing a variety of schemes and I thoroughly enjoy my job and thank the business and my colleagues for the continual encouragement and assistance they provide for me to achieve my career goals.”