Civil Engineer - Cambridgeshire
We are working with a successful national house builder who is in search of an experienced Civil Engineer to join their technical team based in Cambridgeshire.
The person they appoint will be responsible for overseeing the design of infrastructure and groundwork’s packages for residential developments. This position will report to the Technical Director.
• To procure services records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes.
• To oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 agreements
• Secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
• Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
• To maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant’s designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in value Engineering
• Liaise with other Technical Team members and others as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions.
Personal attributes and qualifications;
• Educated to HNC/HND level in an Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
• Previous experience in a design related environment, preferably with Civil or Structural Consulting Engineers
• Ability to confidently handle negotiations with external bodies, including sewerage undertakers and highway authorities
• Ability to co-ordinate with all members of the design team to ensure programmes are achieved
• Computer literate, experience of design software packages such as PDS or Mircodrainage desirable although not essential.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07741631666 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies within house building.
Apply for Civil Engineer - Cambridgeshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly