Head of Customer Services - West Midlands
Head of Customer Services
Based: West Midlands
Remuneration: up to c£70,000 base plus up to 64% bonus and car/allowance
Our client is a highly reputable and customer service led Residential Developer who are now looking for an experienced and highly personable individual to join the team in the role of Head of Customer Services.
Reporting to the Managing Director the role will be responsible for managing and continually improving the Customer Service experience to ensure they remain a leader in Customer Service at the premium end of the homebuilding industry.
- Increase NPS year on year. Increase promotors and decrease detractors
- Champion the customer throughout the regional business, balancing customer needs with business requirements and presenting a compelling case for internal change and improvement
- Champion the customer service department. This entails assessing and managing the customer service team to continually improve processes and outcomes
- Measuring and reporting. Agree priorities and standards and then manage the team to deliver them
- Manage all customer service processes, being proactive and engaging customers earlier in the buying cycle.
- Ensure that the Computer systems in place are being used to the required standards and identify and promote any areas of efficiency.
- Troubleshooting. As problem areas for customer service are identified you must engage the Group CS Director to agree priorities and then engage your customer services team to address these areas and make the planned changes quickly and effectively
- Financial analysis. Manage your budget effectively and be able to promote requirements for additional funding where they can increase the customer recommendation ratings and increase overall business performance. Report your expenditure as required.
- Planning. Work with the Group CS Director to drive continual improvement in people, technology, processes, service and product design and build. Establish and test new strategies to improve the customer service experience.
- Ensure the right calibre of staff are recruited, and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs. Ensure that poor performance is not tolerated and is remedied via support, training or disciplinary action as appropriate. Liaise with Human Resources on all employment issues.
- Training. Ensure continual upskilling in customer services through evaluation, development and training of staff
- Day to day management. Manage your customer services team to deliver what customers need and to continually improve your customer service team’s efficiency and effectiveness. In addition, ensure that you build a positive team culture with strong positive engagement
- Specific tasks (not an exclusive list, but indicative)
a. Attend weekly sales and build meetings
b. Produce a monthly board report and attend monthly board meeting, contribute to wider business priorities.
c. Engage with Housing Associations and Warranty providers
d. Manage Subcontractors including continual performance measurement and reporting
e. Manage the out-of-hours process and ensure adequate cover is in place at all times.
f. Monitor NHBC resolutions and highlight trends where relevant
g. Escalate customer issues, act promptly and where necessary visit the customer personally to agree a plan of action
h. Ensure the department operates in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
We welcome applications from those working both within the Residential development sector and those working for companies outside of the industry who have a proven reputation for excellent Customer Service.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Manager to take a step up or an accomplished Head of Customer Services looking for a new challenge with an exciting business.
For further information please forward your CV, along with current salary details to retained firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, third party applications will not be accepted.