NHBC Claims Investigator
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Claims Investigator to join their home based team to cover Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire areas.Working on a full time permanent basis the successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum (depending on experience, location and including remote worker allowance).
This is a key area of our business; providing a professional service to Homeowners and NHBC Registered Builders, investigating building defects and damage and settling resolution claims.
About the Claims Investigator role
You should have a construction background with a solid building technical knowledge as well as knowledge of remedial techniques. Ideally you will hold a relevant technical qualification and have knowledge of potential causes of building defects, Building Regulations, construction techniques and Health and Safety.
As our Claims Investigator you’ll be the first point of contact with Homeowners, the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately in both letter and report formats is essential. Good interpersonal skills are required, and experience in preparing repair schedules would be an advantage. Membership such as RICS, CIOB would be a distinct advantage.IT skills and a current driving licence are also essential.
We are looking for someone who will always be looking to do things better and with attention to detail. Being able to put yourself in your customer’s shoes and seeing things from their perspective, whilst balancing operational parameters and behaving ethically.
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, you will be joining a rapidly growing, market leading business. With Best Company accreditation and silver Investors in People status, we pride ourselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations. All necessary equipment and other allowances associated with working from home will be provided.
Salary / Benefits you’ll receive as our Claims Investigator:
- £35,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience, location and including remote worker allowance).
- 6% bonus.
- Company car.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate
If you think you have what it takes to join us as our Claims Investigator click apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
More searches like this
- Architecture Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent
- Bricklaying Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent
- Carpentry Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent
- Design Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent
- Development Surveyors Executive £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Permanent