Land & Planning Manager - Gloucestershire
Land & Planning Manager
KHA are delighted to be exclusively retained by a dynamic, family-owned group of companies with a heritage spanning more than 50 years. They operate a portfolio of divisions across residential and commercial property development, contracting and civils, plant hire, farming, forestry, strategic land, and leisure.
Our client strives to operate as a high-performance business and a learning-empowered organisation, which ensures the products and services they provide are of the highest quality. Through commitment and innovation, they believe in making a difference and continuing the growth of their business through investments in infrastructure, facilities, training and, most importantly - their people.
Due to 2019 growth plans, they are now looking to recruit a Land and Planning Manager for their New Homes business.
We are looking for an experienced Land Manager with a proven track record of success working for a Residential Developer, Land Promoter or Housing Association.
The successful individual will be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the planning process and planning law within the UK, have a strong understanding of the residential planning environment and be able to illustrate a portfolio of projects you have managed through the planning process, be persuasive and have strong negotiation skills and be skilled in appraising land opportunities and producing cogent financial proposals.
Ideally, you will possess a strong network of contacts throughout Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Wiltshire, and Oxfordshire.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a privately-owned business where progression is supported and encouraged.
- Identify and appraise new land opportunities and JV opportunities for development in line with business plan
- Propose acquisition strategies with strong commercial acumen and present development opportunities to senior colleagues for approval
- Formulate and manage offers, co-ordinate investigations, negotiate with local authorities, agents and lawyers
- Procure technical, legal and development information to instruct internal and external parties to appraise site opportunities and constraints
- Lead proposals from inception to consent
- Work closely with all departments and external consultants, monitoring site progress through to consent
- Negotiate legal agreements, including JV’s, with lawyers and third parties
- Implement all internal procedures including providing accurate and articulate reports in line with governance/procedural requirements
The Offer includes
- Competitive salary and car allowance
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Healthcare
For further details, in the strictest of confidence please forward your CV, along with current salary details to our retained consultant, Kathryn Hayter at KHA via email email@example.com or give her a call on 0121 222 5580.
Please note third party introductions will not be accepted.