Regional Secretary - St Albans, Eastern region
We are Churchill Retirement PLC, the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector and we’re looking for people like you.
We’re a family-run, privately-owned business and we’re going places. We’re proud of what we do, and the people we work with. We have ambitious growth plans for the future, now employing over 500 people and growing all the time.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears that can be experienced by older people and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We’ve won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 4th best company to work for and in 2016 we became the first ever retirement living specialist to have been named overall ‘Housebuilder of the Year’ by the WhatHouse? Awards.
About the role
We’re looking to appoint a talented Regional Secretary to support our Eastern Regional Managing Director and the Regional Team in St Albans.
You’ll have the opportunity to liaise with a wide range of internal and external contacts, including Customers and Suppliers. You’ll keep on top of a busy and varied workload, ensuring all deadlines are met and workload schedules are managed. You’ll maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times in relation to personnel records and financial reports.
- General secretarial duties as required for the Regional Managing Director
- Organising meetings and diary in respect of the Regional Managing Director
- Assisting in the production of the Monthly Board Reports
- Typing letters and taking minutes at Regional Board Management Meetings
- Handling incoming telephone calls and mail distribution
- Booking accommodation for colleagues
- Running of the office to optimise productivity
- Being the First Aider and Fire Warden for the Regional office
Hours of work are 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00 to 5.00pm on Friday, with one hour for lunch.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, personable individual who enjoys working as part of a busy team. It’s important that you have proven experience as a Secretary and first class organisation skills. You’ll pride yourself on your attention to detail and ability to prioritise. You’ll have all round IT skills that include MS Office and experience of databases.
Flexibility and effective communication are key in order to manage a varied and busy workload.
How you’ll be rewarded
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days + Bank Holidays
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Mothercare vouchers - £200 to all expectant mums and dads
- Day off on your birthday
- Health screening
- Eye Care reimbursement
- Colleague Introduction reward scheme
- Land Introduction Bonus
- Training Courses
- Professional development
If you want to be part of our success story send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number EAS1089.