Experienced Building Surveyor - Carlisle
Job Title: Experienced Building Surveyor (all areas – UK)
Reports to: Regional Management
Location: Home based (requires travel)
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for MDIS Warranty schemes.
You will be required to work within both brands of the company.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional. Minimum Grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar.
- Relevant BC, plan check, site inspection and / or Warranty experience
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to fulfill the mobility requirements of the RMS role, including (but not limited to) the ability to;
- move around a site
- climb ladders
- work at height
- drive reasonable distances